My Experience as Malaysia Airlines Pilot

on Monday, April 27, 2009

"I have controlled."" Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belt to ensure your safety. We are taking off shortly. Thank You."
" Tuan-tuan dan puan-puan.......... "

My dad and I.
That's me, controlling the B747-400.
The interior view of the cockpit.
Cleared to take off at Runway 07 L HKIA.
The B747-400 flight simulator.


A few weeks ago, I have confirmed a training programme with Malaysia Airlines. I have chosen the Boeing 747-400 for this training. 

Yesterday, I went to Malaysia Airlines Flight Crew Training Centre, located at Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport ( Subang ). Dad and mom accompanied me. We reached there at 4.30 pm, half an hour earlier than what time my session should be. The training centre was very big and the air-cond there was freaking cold. 

1645 : A simulator engineer came out and he said hi to us. He's a friendly guy, around 40 yrs old.

1655 : We were brought to the simulator base station. There I saw B737, B777, A330 simulators.

1700 : We entered the B747-400 flight simulator. 

* for your information: flight simulator is not a toy which you might think it would be. It is actually a special machine designed for respective airlines to train their pilots because flight simulator is exactly the same as the aircraft cockpit and it is moveable, it has motions. It will react sensitively to turbulence, winds, snow, rains, and more. It is 100% the same as real cockpit.

1715 : I have selected Hong Kong International Airport to do my take off and landings.

1730 : Took off from HKIA successfully. It was a smooth take off.

* My parents sat behind me because the flight simulator was moving upwards and shook slightly due to the wind approaching us. 

1735 : Flight instructor guided me to land at HKIA. It was a full autopilot landing.

1740 : I did my first ever landing in my life. It was fine before the aircraft touched down. It crashed slightly because I was not familiar with the correct landing angle.

1745 : I did my 2nd landing at HKIA. I successfully landed and slowed down at the end of the runway. My mom was holding the arm of the chair tightly because if the aircraft was to crash, it would give a big impact and a strong force would have acted on us.

1750 : I took off from HKIA and this time the engineer set a tough situation where 4 planes coming towards my direction. I had to avoid them. I managed to do so.

1755 : I landed smoothly at HKIA. This time was much better than the 1st one. My mom was calmed down.

1800 : I requested to do a dangerous landing at LA, America because I knew that it was one of the most dangerous airport for landings because the runway is short for B747-400. I controlled the plane with a very tensioned feeling. I landed although it was difficult. However, I noticed that the aircraft was just approximately 50 metres away from the end of the runway. I quickly pressed on the braking pedals. Again it was scary. You will know the feeling if you had went on a plane before. I pulled up the reverse throttle with full force because it was very hard to pull that thing. The plane travelled around 200 m and finally it stopped.

1815 : I came down from the Captain's seat and I took some photographs. Hope you like them.


9 comments:

Mohamad Nazmi Zaidi said...

1730 takeoff time, 1740 landing time? wahsai! ahahah. Didn't know a B747 can make such maneuver in only ten minutes. Well sure it's great to be in the simulator.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

hot-wallpaper
oqpv b / jr 61

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Of course, what a great site and informative posts, I will add backlink - bookmark this site? Regards, Reader.

Anonymous said...

i definitely enjoy all your writing kind, very charming.
don't give up and keep creating in all honesty , because it just simply that is worth to look through it.
looking forward to find out even more of your content, kind regards!

Anonymous said...

hello there, awesome webpage
what is the way to make blog posts which smash in all:
http://tinyurl.com/yly5jj5

Anonymous said...

J'ai appris des choses interessantes grace a vous, et vous m'avez aide a resoudre un probleme, merci.

- Daniel

Anonymous said...

It's really a fantastic posting. I actually do enjoy the wonderful performance done by your business